There is an ongoing discussion about the benefits of buying an existing home offered for sale versus building a new home. In the end, the decision to buy or build is an individual one; what is right for one person may not be the same for another. There are a few points to consider if you are considering purchasing a new home, or are evaluating the merits of building with a new home contractor.
Top 6 Reasons to Build a New Home
- Choice – You make all of the choices from the lot, to the floor plan, carpets, cabinets, countertops and colors. In essence, you build what you want without having to live with choices previous owners have made. This will reduce the time and expense of remodeling and painting the house you just purchased to make it what you want.
- Brand New – Everything will be new, which will minimize time and money spent with maintenance and upkeep.
- Builder’s Warranty – Most home builders offer some kind of warranty to protect against materials and workmanship in the new home. Warranties are available for existing homes at cost.
- Energy Efficiency – Homes built today are far more energy efficient than homes previously built. Windows, doors, HVAC systems, insulation and appliances are all designed for maximum energy efficiency, thus reducing your cost over time.
- Amenities – You pick both the builder and the community with the amenities that are right for you. You will not have to make any compromises regarding the size of the community, the amenities and/or the HOA costs that are in place to get the home you want.
- Value – Values on new homes generally appreciate faster than values on existing Delaware homes. You will be making a good investment.